The Association of Arkansas Counties established its Scholarship Trust in 1985 to provide college financial assistance to the children, stepchildren and grandchildren of Arkansas county and district officials and employees. AAC has since awarded more than $185,000 in scholarships.
Along with AAC, the following county associations contribute to the scholarship trust annually: The County Judges Association of Arkansas, the Arkansas County Clerks Association, the Arkansas Circuit Clerks Association, the County Collectors Association of Arkansas, the Arkansas County Treasurers Association, the Assessors Association of Arkansas, the Arkansas Association of Quorum Courts and the Arkansas Sheriffs’ Association.
Qualifications for those seeking Scholarship:
- Applicants must plan on attending or is already attending college, graduate school or other qualifying education institution.
- Applicant must have a financial need.
- Applicant must have a current grade point average of 3.0 or above and a minimum ACT score of 18.
- Applicant must be or will be a high school graduate of the State of Arkansas.
- Applicant must be a child, grandchild, adopted child, or stepchild of a current or retired county employee of Arkansas.
Instructions for completing Application:
2. Application is to be completed by applicant.
3. All parts of the application must be completed in full.
4. Please type or print in black or blue ink.
5. Attach the following to the completed application: Without the following information, application will not be processed:
- Three (3) character reference letters, one from a county employee other than a relative.
- An official transcript of courses taken along with ACT/SAT scores.
- A biographical statement, including family and educational background, financial need, work history and other pertinent information about yourself.
6. Send completed application with attachments to:
Association of Arkansas Counties 1415 W. Third Street
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
Completed applications must be received between January 1 and May 1 in order to be considered for that year’s scholarship.